Your Home Sold GUARANTEED
Or I'll Buy It*...
"Insider Tips For Healthy, Wealthy & Happy Living..."
Getting ahead with your finances is easier than you might think. In today’s Service For Life! Free consumer newsletter, you’ll learn tips to improve your relationship with money, how to utilize apps that take the stress out of the budgeting process and find ways to save money that you might not have considered.
You’ll also learn about how to spot health scams, driving laws that are commonly forgotten, and how to complete jobs around your home like a pro – plus fun facts, a trivia challenge, and lots more.
Your Referrals Help the Kids at Texas Children’s Hospital. We are on a mission to raise $10,000 for Texas Children’s Hospital. Their work in helping kids fight thru and survive nasty debilitating diseases. And as the leading not for profit hospital in our area, you probably know they need sponsorships and donations to continue their leading-edge care and keep family’s expenses to a minimum. We are committed to donating a portion of our income from home sales to this very worthy cause.
So, YOUR REFERRALS really do HELP THE KIDS...Who do you know considering buying or selling a home, or investing in real estate you could refer to my team? Not only will they benefit from our award-winning service, but the kids at Texas Children’s Hospital will benefit as well.
Finally, I want you to know that you may call me for any reason. And please let me know if a friend, family member or neighbor needs a caring, competent real estate professional to help in buying or selling.
I truly appreciate your friendship and referrals. Enjoy your issue!
Broker - Owner
Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty
P.S. When you notice people talking about real estate in the next few weeks, can you tell them about the free consumer information I provide? You can mention my Free Consumer Report: “8 Secrets For Saving Thousands When Finding, Buying and Financing Your Next Home”. Please pass my number along to them. 832-721-0442.
Dave left home running. He ran for a while and then turned left, ran the same distance and turned left again, ran the same distance and turned left again. When he got home, there were two masked men. Who were they?
(See page 4 for the answer.)
Budgeting Without Stress
Budgeting seems like a great idea in theory, but the reality of putting it into practice can be stressful.
Here’s how to tackle budgeting in a stress-free way that also helps you achieve your financial goals.
1. Commit to a date. The first thing to do is set a “money date” with yourself (and your partner if you budget together). Pick an hour on the weekend — or a time when you know you’ll be relaxed — and commit to sitting down to review your budget.
2. Expenses. Make a list of categories of regular expenses, like rent or mortgage, utilities, phone, car payments, insurance, food, and gas. Next, list one-off or irregular expenses, like clothing, travel, haircare, and gifts.
3. Habits. Now that you have a list of expenses, it’s time to look at spending habits. Rather than treating this as a punitive exercise, think of it as a learning experience instead. Use your money date to review your bank account each week, and log how much you actually spend and on what category of item. Look for any trends: how much are you spending at Starbucks that you hadn’t listed on your initial expenses? Are you getting takeout more regularly than you thought?
4. Consider your financial goals. Do you want to save money, or pay down a credit card? Visualize how you’ll feel when you’ve paid off that high interest card or imagine sitting on the beach during the vacation you saved for. That goal can help make it easier to save.
5. Cut back. Once you have real-life goals in mind, you’re more likely to be motivated to save. Consider if you really need a latte every day, or would you rather have one a week and save the rest of the money?
6. Stay on track. There are a number of great apps available (Mint.com, or YouNeedABudget.com) that can take the hassle out of updating a spending log. They can help keep track of your goals easily and automatically.
Warning Before You Sell Your Home...
Don’t put your home on the market without my Free Consumer Guide titled, “How To Avoid 7 Costly Mistakes When Selling Your Home.” My exclusive report will give you all the facts for a fast, top dollar sale. Get your free copy by calling me at… 832-721-0442
Spot Health Fraud Scams
You see ads everywhere about miracle cures — like a cure for cancer and weight loss— that seem too good to be true. Here’s how to identify a scam and where you can check the legitimacy of misleading claims.
The Food and Drug Administration has a page dedicated to Health Fraud Scams (https://www.fda.gov/consumers/protecting-yourself/health-fraud-scams). Here you’ll find the latest health fraud news, information, and resources to help you determine if a product that claims to prevent, treat, or cure health conditions really does what it says. An example scam might be a marketing company that claims their unapproved cannabidiol product will treat cancer and Alzheimer’s disease, among other misleading promises.
The FDA warns to be wary of products marketed as a “one product does it all,” quick fixes, and personal testimonials. They caution to look out for words and phrases like natural, satisfaction guaranteed, time-tested, and new-found treatment. When something feels too good to be true, it usually is. Conserve your precious time and money and put it toward those money goals instead!
Would You Like to Know How Much Your
Neighbor's Home Listed or Sold For?
Maybe you’re just curious. Or maybe you want to know how much your home is worth. Either way, I can help…with no “sales pitches” or run-arounds.
Call me at 832-721-0442 and I’ll give you all the facts.
Forgotten Traffic Rules
Even if you have been driving for years, it is still possible that you may have forgotten some traffic rules (maybe that makes it MORE likely!). Here’s a quick recap of some common rules we often forget:
- Going just 5 miles above the speed limit is illegal.
- If two or more cars arrive at a four-way stop at the same time, the driver to the right has the right of way.
- Stop means a complete stop, and you can get a ticket for not stopping.
- It is illegal almost everywhere to text or hold your phone behind the wheel.
- Failure to signal is against the law.
- In dry conditions you should be a minimum of 2 seconds away from other cars — longer when it’s raining or icy.
- In some states it is illegal to cut through a parking lot to avoid traffic.
- 34 states in the U.S. allow police officers to pull a driver over and cite them only for not using a seatbelt (no need for another violation).
Websites for Better Web-life
Communicating online is now a way of life, but are you doing it smartly? These websites help you to ensure your web-life is safe, protected, and running efficiently.
archive.is – This site allows you to plug in a URL, and take a picture of the website that you can save to your own computer (even if the site disappears later).
fast.com – Fast.com is a quick and easy-to-understand Internet speed test, powered by Netflix. Just visit and the test begins.
www.virustotal.com – This site will scan a single file for you, or a URL to detect malware. Just upload the file from your computer, or enter a URL.
Top 3 Tips for DIY Home Fixes
There are many jobs around the home that people normally hire experts for, but some of them you can actually do yourself. Here are our top 3 DIY home fixes that will look like a pro did the job.
1. How to paint like a painter. The key to painting well is in the preparation: remove fixtures and fittings, clean walls with a damp sponge, fill any holes or gouges with spackle (don’t forget to sand filled holes once dried), and add tape to any areas that can’t be removed, like permanent fixtures and trim. Then lay down drop cloths to ensure you don’t get paint on the floor. Next, apply a primer (unless your paint contains primer). Once dry, start painting. Use long strokes and try not to go over the same spot more than twice. Wait until it is dry to add a second coat. Tip: do not paint when the weather is very warm, otherwise the paint will bubble or dry unevenly.
2. Fix a shut-off valve without a plumber. Turn off the main water valve, remove the packing nut, and unscrew the stem (if you need images, you can search online for images of what those are). Take the stem to the hardware store to replace the washer. Clean out the valve removing any grit, replace the washer, and screw back in. Don’t forget to turn the water back on!
3. How to caulk around the bath like a pro. Step 1: remove the old caulking with either a plastic putty knife/scraper or a caulk removal solution. Remember, old caulk will not stick to new caulk, so you need to remove it all. Next, clean the surface with a damp cloth and rubbing alcohol, and wait until completely dry. Once dry, prepare a damp cloth/paper towel to clean up any messes. Before caulking, apply painters’ tape a few millimeters from the tile so that you avoid having to remove caulking once dried — this is particularly difficult with silicone caulking. Caulk around the tub and wait until it is dry. Then remove the tape and you should have a neat line of caulking.
Please Welcome New Clients and Friends Into Our Real Estate Family
I’d like to take a moment to personally introduce and welcome a few of my newest clients and good friends who have supported my business over the years. And special thanks to everyone who thought of me with your referrals!
Andy and Michelle Bodington
“Who Else Wants To Win
Dinner & A Movie?”
Guess who won last month’s Trivia Question? I’m pleased to announce the lucky winner of last month’s quiz. And the winner is…drum roll please: James Williams was the first person to correctly answer my quiz question.
Which singer became one of the two new judges
for the 10th season of the television show American Idol?
a) Ryan Seacrest b) Steven Tyler
c) Gwen Stefani d) Adam Levine
The answer is b) Steven Tyler. Jennifer Lopez also joined as a judge in 2011, season 10. So let’s move on to this month’s trivia question.
Which real-life shipwreck inspired Herman
Melville’s “Moby Dick?”
a) The Two Brothers b) The Essex c)
The Charles Carroll d) The Mary Rose
Call Me At 832-721-0442 OR Email Me At [email protected] And You Could Be One Of My Next Winners!
Brain Teaser Answer:
The catcher and the umpire.
Real Estate Corner…
Q: What landscaping will attract buyers to my home?
A: Here are some ideas to get more offers on your property.
- Consider a low-maintenance landscaping concept. Having little or no natural grass and rock gardens is perfect for busy professionals and retirees looking at your home. Also, consider using native plants because they are colorful, require little fertilizer, and need no additional water or special attention.
- Keep your foundation plants pruned. Make sure plants are low enough against the windows and railings. This keeps a well- maintained appearance and makes your home look more secure.
- If you are short on time, hire a professional. A professional landscaper can rid your yard of weeds and dead spots. This ensures a healthy-looking yard.
Learn more about selling your home in my Free Consumer Report called “4 Steps To Stage Your Home For A Fast Sale.” Call me and I’ll send a copy right over to you.
Do you have a real estate question you want answered? Call me at 832-721-0442. Perhaps I’ll feature your question in my next issue!